Website Terms & Conditions
The term Potter Perrin or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Potter Perrin Ltd, 412-416 Streatham High Road, London SW16 6EX. Our company registration number is 1493477 and our Registered Office is : Potter Perrin Ltd. 412-416 Streatham High Road, London SW16 6EX. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Sales Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases from Potter Perrin Ltd., (The Company) Streatham and/or Potter Perrin Ltd., St. John’s Hill.
The Company does not currently operate on a ‘Distant Selling’ basis (ie; Internet or Mail Order), with all transactions emanating from our showrooms, whether that transaction is completed or remitted in person or via telephone payment or Bank Transfer.
Our Customer, (whether an individual, firm or company), is deemed to be the body, to whom the invoice is addressed or effected payment to the Company.
Our Customer (Buyer) is urged to read these terms and conditions and their acceptance is assumed once full or part payment is made and delivery or collection is accepted or when the customer is advised their Goods are available for delivery or collection.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
1. Prices displayed and verbally quoted in our showrooms should be considered as a guide only. Prices are only considered confirmed at the time of transaction, or written quote, subject to that quotation specifying the period that the price should be considered ‘firm’. Otherwise, price increases will be applied as appropriate.
Value Added Tax, will be applied at the appropriate rate at the time of transaction.
2. All orders for goods or services must be paid for in full by cleared funds prior to delivery or collection. The Company will not accept responsibility for any claim, should a delivery be withheld or delayed because of non payment.
3. Although the Company offers comprehensive advice about our products, that advice can only be of a generic nature. Suitability may be effected by individual and site issues. Consequently it is the responsibility of the Customer and/or their installer to accept that the specification is suitable.
4. It is the Customers responsibility to ensure that any contractor or other third party instructed by them is fully conversantbwith the Customer’s specifications and requirements. The Company welcomes the opportunity to provide advice to both the Customer and their Contractor, but cannot accept responsibility or liability for installation issues.
5. Please check details of all orders as acknowledged or invoiced and advise us immediately of any discrepancy or concern.
6. We must be notified of any alteration or cancellation of special orders within 24 hours of order, otherwise consequential costs imposed by the supplier will have to be passed on to the Customer. Alteration or cancellation of special orders, cannot generally be accepted once the order has been acknowledged by the supplier.
7. Quoted availability of non stock items are ‘forecasts’ only, based upon best estimates provided by our supplier. Due allowance should be made for this and Customers are advised not to commit to an installation schedule until the relevant goods have been delivered or collected and checked. The Company, its suppliers and agents shall not be deemed liable for any claim against them due to an arrangement made by the Customer prior to the availability of their order.
8. Customers orders should be collected or delivery arranged as soon as possible after notification of availability. It may be possible to ‘hold’ an order for up to 90 days, but a clear agreement for this must have been made between the Customer and the Company. Should the goods not be collected or delivered within the agreed period or any subsequent period, the Company reserve the right to charge for storage, insurance and consequential costs at a rate of 2.5% of the total order value per calendar month or part thereof. Goods held in store for the Customer, are deemed to be the Customers property.
Any subsequent cancellation of normal stock items will be subject to a 25% surcharge. Tiles with discontinued batch numbers, ‘special’ orders and stock items no longer current or held in stock, cannot subsequently be cancelled.
Any Customer orders held beyond the agreed period, or for more than 90 days without agreement, may be disposed of by the Company to mitigate costs, with any refund claim subject to the aforementioned storage and insurance charge, less any reduced resale value with the goods having been sold at a ‘clearance’ rate. The Company will not accept any claim from the Customer, should those goods be subsequently unavailable and if they can be re-ordered the price current at the time of the new order will be applied.
9. Please check the quantities and nature of the delivery at the time and point of delivery, claims for shortages will not be considered once signed for. Claims for damage must be reported within 72 hours from the time of delivery and arrangements must be put in place by the Customer to permit the Company the opportunity to investigate that damage.
The Company will not accept any responsibility or claim for damage or consequential costs for any goods clearly and obviously damaged, once they have been installed.
10. Tile deliveries must be checked for batch consistency before installation. Please make sure that sufficient tiles are ordered to ensure that each installation can be completed from the same batch. The Company will not accept responsibility for any subsequent claim should mixed batches be installed.
11. Delivery within our normal delivery area, is generally free of charge or heavily subsidised. To make this possible, a driver only is provided.
It is a condition of this service that our Customer should provide or arrange for appropriate assistance to help unload at the Customers site. The Company should be notified prior to delivery and in good time, of any special circumstances, access problems or other conditions that could effect the delivery. In the absence of such notification, should our driver assess that the delivery cannot be carried out practically and safely, he has the authority to abort that delivery and the Company will not accept any claim for alleged consequential costs and reserve the right to charge for a subsequent delivery.
12. Under no circumstances are goods sold on a ‘Sale or Return’ basis and specifically not trade supplies and fittings, toilet seats, clearance, sale or ex display items. Exceptionally and strictly by agreement, items sold from our own stock, with intact packaging and ‘as supplied’ condition together with the original invoice or till receipt, may be accepted for return within 21 days of purchase, subject to a 20% administration and re-stocking charge (£5.00 inc. Vat minimum charge). Should the specified item need collection by our transport, there would be an additional charge to cover this. Further to the above; stock items in poor condition or with damaged packaging that would effect re-sale are not returnable, neither are items that show signs of attempted installation.
We cannot accept cancellation or return of ‘Specials’, which are items not held in stock by the Company.